Thursday, June 7, 2012

"Nursing is not for everyone. It takes a very strong, intelligent, and compassionate person to take on the ills of the world with passion and purpose and work to maintain the health and well-being of the planet."

 
Meet Amanda... My saving grace and the person that told me I could do this.  I am still debating on if I can in fact do this but she got me through the very hard days leading up to delivery of Caroline.  When the doctors came in and told me Wednesday night that I would deliver Friday she was our rock.  She answered a ton of questions and basically encouraged us.  Thursday night was my first night on Magnesium.  What a yucky necessary drug.  It makes you feel like you have the flu or worse...  Amanda was diligent about checking in on me to make sure I was as comfortable as possible.  She talked of her three daughters and gave me the strength that I needed to get through delivery.  I do have to say that several other nurses went above and beyond but it was Amanda's surprise visit two days after my c-section (although in a different unit) that sealed the deal.  She became my favorite!  I can not thank her enough but I had to get her a little gift to really express just how much she did for Tom and I.  An amazing lady that I had to tell all of you about.  Meet Amanda...





No comments:

Post a Comment