Sunday, November 25, 2012

Mama Moment


Hello y'all.  It has been such a long time since I have updated on general life.  I give small updates on my facebook and add pictures of our sweet girl but I don't really have much going on.  Caroline is growing like a weed!  She's got to be well over 12 lbs maybe closer to 15.  I should have an appointment with her doctor this week so I'll get an update on weight then! 

Caroline wants to sit up and stand up now versus being held in a cradled style.  She's too big for that!  We are FINALLY in 3 month size clothing... She will be 6 months on the first.  Other than that she's a great baby.  She is sleeping through the night 90% of the time.  Going to bed between 9-10 and not waking until 7-8 and then most of the time she wakes up for a hour or so then back to sleep until 11!  I know I'm a very lucky mom.  We will see how long this lasts but we started a routine early so when it's bed time, it's bedtime she lets us know!  She has not rolled over yet but I feel like she may walk before she bothers... she will take small steps if you hold her up by her arms.  I know she's not even close to that but I also feel like she's strong enough that if she wanted to, she could roll.  She just hasn't had the need. 

She has also found her feet and her tongue and is still very fascinated by her hands.  Her thumb seems to be her favorite thing next to Daddy.  Although Tom is not home but for a few days every few weeks she is infatuated with him.  She laughs at the silly faces he makes and the kisses he gives.  Tom is such an amazing dad with all of his girls.  I still ask myself how I got so lucky.  Caroline isn't the only one who loves her daddy.  On Thanksgiving both Mikayla and Kirstin were jumping for joy and bugging him every 30 min until he got home.  The were ecstatic!  We were lucky to have him home late Thursday night.

While Tom was home we asked Gaga aka my mom Judy to come watch Caroline so we could take Mikayla and Kirstin to see the final movie in the Twilight series.  For those of you who are Tighlight fans please know that this might be a bit of a spoiler but I want to share my mama moment.  Let me start with the fact that while Caroline was in the hospital I had a song that I would sing to her on a regular basis.  It is Christina Perri's A Thousand Years.  It was perfect because of the lyrics.  It says in the chorus,  One step closer, I have died everyday waiting for you, darling don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years, I will love you for a thousand more.  It could not describe my journey to Caroline any more perfect.  To get to the point the song was a big part of the first half of the last movie in the series and it was in the second as well.  So that alone has an emotional effect on me but there is a moment where Bella meets her daughter for the first time and Renesmee reaches up and touches her mothers face.  The memories of her birth are shown to Bella from her daughters eyes where she sees her mother so sick and Bella says "She's Beautiful" then the memory goes away but the connection is there.  It is the PERFECT way to describe exactly how I felt the first time I reached into her isolette and touched her.  The first time I saw my beautiful daughter.  I can not even type this with out tears.  I am not sure how it is possible for a person to love something with all of them.  The joy and love and emotions that come with becoming a mother are amazing.  The journey to Caroline... the only way I can show all of you the exact way I felt when I met my beautiful daughter would be to have you watch the movie.  While watching it the girls were in the row in front of us and Tom was diligently on my right side.  He simply turns to me sees my tears and squeezes my hand.  He too is effected.  

We have such a wonderful gift, a blessing and an amazing beautiful daughter.

Love to you all,
Casey Tom and Our Sweet Caroline


 
The first moment I saw her before she was taken to the NICU...

 
I waited 36 hours to see her again.  This was the first time I touched my sweet girl.  This is the moment that we officially met.  This is the moment I describe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment