Saturday, October 20, 2012

Busy Mama

“The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.” - Rajneesh

The title mom should be allowed to be placed on a resume.  I am in the process of job searching. People ask me why I have not worked since November of last year and I simply say I had a baby.  The truth is that isn't enough of an explanation.  It is all I choose to elaborate on unless asked but I think it is a job that is over looked.  I have a special story but to a stranger it's just another cute baby.  I realize this because before Caroline other peoples babies were just cute and something I was positive I wanted.

Being a mother is a rewarding yet demanding joy.  I don't like to call it a "job" because no amout of money in the world could equal what this sweet little girl does for me.  Tom has asked me how it is I can be going on four hours of sleep and be so darn happy and awake.  The answer is because I have to.  She consumes me.  She pushes me like no job will ever do.  She is an amazing joy!

So much has happened since I last blogged.  I've been very busy.  I took care of an extra baby for almost two months.  Kaydence and Caroline would have been only about a week apart had Caroline not been born early.  Jennifer, Kaydences mom and I are determined they will be best friends!!

Tom started a new job.  He is an extradition agent.  Basically he transports prisoners from prison to prison all over the US.  Unfortunately he travels 90% of the time now but it's a great job that supports our family.  He is also staying in the law enforcement field so if need be he can utilize that experience later on.  We miss him like crazy but it's a great opportunity and he loves to travel so it's pretty perfect.

As I said I have made the decision to go back to work.  We have found a great nanny for Caroline.  It wasn't easy to pick someone but Rachel is a great addition to our village raising our sweet girl!  I hope to find something that will let me be a mom and have a job too.

Caroline got her 4 month shots and her ears pierced.  She did well with the ears but the shots weren't much fun for her.  At the appointment last week she weighed 10.2 lbs!!  Growing again this week.  I'm sure she's up over 11 now.  She has also started slowly eating bites of cereal!!  She laughs on occasion... It's typically in her daddies direction!  She talks frequently.  We are working on animal sounds so far all she seems to make is an owl sound.  :)

I have downloaded the app for my phone I hope to now have a bit more time for blogging.  I hope this finds all of you doing well.  Thanks for checking in on our baby girl.

xoxo,
Casey, Tom and Our Sweet Caroline







No comments:

Post a Comment